Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blogs, they are popular!

As usual, I was listening to NPR while driving, because most of my time is spent driving, and they were talking about how popular online classes have become in recent years. One teacher was quoted as saying that it was super easy to get in touch with his students and get them the assignments. All he has to do is post a blog on... Yup, you guessed it, Blogger.com! Now that I am learning about all this web stuff and am required to create a blog once a week (with absolutely no resentment or sarcasm in my voice!), I have come to notice that the knowledge I am inquiring is all over the place! I am noticing that web is in the news in new ways to me. I probably never would have thought twice about the blog thing on the news if I hadn't been told to create one nor would I have really understood what it was. I knew what a blog was, I just have a better understanding of it now.

I have looked into purchasing a domain name and will do it shortly once I remember not to leave my debit card at home! I have researched and will use GoDaddy. This is exciting stuff.

No comments: